Being a family business, our priority has always been focused on delivering the highest quality of service to our clients, whether purchasing one-off beautiful items or selling their prized treasures. We have always been leaders within our industry, setting high standards and innovating where we believe our industry should operate.
At the beginning of February this year, we looked toward a safer and more comfortable way for our clients to view and purchase items for their homes, from our 1400sqm complex. These were implemented with as little disruption to both vendors and purchasers. (Admittedly, it did make for a much larger workload for our staff, but that’s what we do for you behind the scenes.)
Due to the current extraordinary situation that we are all facing, we will be implementing further measures to ensure your safety, whilst again trying minimalize any disruption to your ability to either buy, sell or have items valued through our company. These new measures are by no means final, as globally, things are constantly changing. They are our sensible response to current conditions.
As from today:
- All auctions will be conducted as timed online only auctions. There will be no live in-room auctions. Absentee bidding & assistance will be available for those who may need it. We will miss the fun of a live auction as much as you will.
- All viewings of items (according to the type of items offered/if needed) will be restricted to appointment only viewings. Think of it as your own private viewing
- Our gallery space will be closed to the public. We would request that you contact us for an appointment if needed, but would love to still hear from you.
- Any of the exhibitions we had planned for the year in the gallery space will for now be postponed. We will however be replacing these exhibitions with “Info-bition Newletters” so that your love of The Fine Art of Fine Living will go on.
- Valuations will be done through emails. The will be based on the photographs supplied. We would still enjoy to see your treasures.
Keep an eye on our website for our next series of auctions due in April. We will notify you when they are happening. You may also choose to follow us on our Facebook or Instagram pages (link at the top right of this window) where you will get to see a few behind the scenes moments.
My father, and founder of our company, told me “absence make the heart grow stronger”. So, although we may ‘physically’ see less of you, rest assured our commitment of delivering you the best possible service will remain.
On a more personal note, our hearts go out to the people who have been affected by this unprecedented event and we appreciate the healthcare workers, local communities, and governments around the world who are on the front line working towards a safer future for all.
Marc du Plessis